Welcome to Modern Mata Ortiz
It is a pleasure to offer you the fine pottery of Mata Ortiz, Mexico. Located in the northern provence of Chihuahua, the small village of Mata Ortiz and the surrounding communities are home to a vibrant movement of artists. They create an exceptional style of pottery based on the traditional lessons of their ancient teachers – the people of the Paquimé Pueblo, also known as Casas Grandes, who lived in the region over eight centuries ago. In accordance with tradition, every element used to create each pot is carefully handmade from natural materials collected in the hills surrounding the village. At the same time, the creative innovations of today’s artists makes for highly collectable fine art that is equally at home in a rustic village or a modern loft!
Here at Modern Mata Ortiz, you will find a wide variety of fine pieces from master artists as well as promising newcomers. Each piece is hand selected and purchased directly from the artist in order to insure high quality and fair trading practices. A percentage of each purchase will go back to the village in the form of donations of school supplies and toys for the children of Mata Ortiz.
- Geometric Vase with Kokopelli Sgraffito $299.00 Add to cart
- Large Prairie Dog Vase $299.00 Add to cart
- Sgraffito Vase with Animals $149.00 Add to cart
- Orange Olla with White Mimbres Rabbits $219.00 Add to cart
- 1st Place Winner Colored Clay with Macaws $2,750.00 Add to cart
- Black Clay with Red Quezada Design $6,000.00 Add to cart
- Black Graphite Vase with Interlocking Animals $749.00 Add to cart
- Noches de los Muertos $750.00 Add to cart
- Polychrome Vase with Geometric Design $299.00 Add to cart
- Black Owl Effigy $799.00 Add to cart
- Limited Edtion Olla Semilla $445.00 Add to cart
- Mimbres Fisherman Design $395.00 Add to cart